The Home/School Compact
It is important that families and schools work together to help students achieve high academic standards. Through a process that included teachers, families, and students, we agreed upon the following roles and responsibilities that we, as partners, will carry out to support student success in school and life.
I realize that my education is important to me. It helps me to develop the skills necessary for me to become a successful and productive person. I also understand my parents support me in reaching my goals. I know that I am ultimately responsible for my own success, and that I must work hard to achieve it. Therefore, I agree to carry out the following responsibilities to the best of my ability:
- Use classroom time effectively.
- Return completed work on time.
- Arrive at school on time and ready to do my best.
- Be responsible for my behavior in and outside of the classroom.
I realize that my child’s education is extremely valuable to him/her and that my participation in said education can make a major difference in his/her success. Therefore, I agree to carry out the following responsibilities to the best of my ability:
- Ensure punctuality and regular attendance.
- Support the school in efforts to maintain proper discipline.
- Encourage my child to complete all assignments and assist when appropriate.
- Encourage my child’s efforts and be available for questions.
We realize the importance of the school experience to every scholar. Therefore, we agree to carry out the following responsibilities to the best of our abilities:
- Provide high quality curriculum and instruction to every student.
- Maintain a safe and supportive learning environment.
- Communicate regularly regarding students’ progress.
- Respond in a timely manner to parental requests.